Sunday, August 14, 2011

Step by Step $5 Scenario for $40+ in Products at Walgreens

I saw this on one of my blogs this AM and it had some good $5 scenarios for Walgreens that I thought would help explain how to save money by couponing with step by step deals.  This comes from See Me Save and since I get so many questions on how to make your dollars stretch at Walgreens - I wanted to share!

I’m going to share with you a $5 scenario for Walgreens. In this scenario we will have just $5 out of pocket (minus the tax since everyone’s rate is different) and we will see how much we can get for that $5. Now there are many ways you could do this, so if you have a great scenario please share it with us in the comment section.

I do not personally do multiple transactions most weeks. I would rather just roll my Register Rewards from week to week rather than doing multiple transactions. For someone starting out or on a strict budget this can work great as you can have very little out of pocket. If I do happen to do multiple transactions in one trip I will go to the cosmetic counter (where it’s usually not as busy) and if there is anyone in line behind me I will do 1 transaction and go to the back of the line. That would give me time to get my next transaction together and not make the next person wait. :)

Transaction #1
Revlon Nail Enamel – $3.99 (use $2/1 Walgreens coupon book and $1/1 SS 8/14, get back $3 RR)
Pert Plus – $3.99 (use $1/1 SS 8/14, get back $3 RR)
2 Advil Infant Drops – $8.24 (use $2/1 Walgreens Infant Care book they will take off $4, use $2/1 Printable use 2)
Sure or Brut Deodorant – $1.50 (with in ad coupon, use $1/1 SS 8/14)
=$4.62 + tax out of pocket, get back $$6 RR
Transaction #2
Gillette ProGlide Razor – $9.99 (use $4/1 P&G 7/31, get back $4 RR)
=$5.99, use $6 RR from above transaction, $4 RR back
Transaction #3
2 6 packs of Expo Markers – $3.99 each (use $3/1 August Walgreens coupon book will take off $6, use $2/2 Printable)
Cottonelle 12 rolls – $5 (use $.75/1 SS 8/14)
Bic Brite Liner Highlighters – $.79 (use $1/2 SS 7/31)
3 packs of Trident – $.79 each with in ad coupon ($2/3 SS 7/24)
=just a little bit over $4, use the $4 RR from above

When all is said and done you will have had about $5 out of pocket and you will walk out of the store with the following items:
Revlon Nail Polish
Pert Plus
2 Advil Infant Drops
1 Sure or Brut Deodorant
1 Gillette ProGlide Razor
2 6 Packs of Expo Markers
12 Rolls of Cottonelle
2 Bic Brite Liner Highlighters
3 packs of Trident

Can you believe that? Around $40+ of products for just $5! Not bad at all!    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers